Thursday, June 14, 2012

I Did It


I promised myself that I’d write the next time I heard that moronic TV commercial.
             I did.
              The California Department of Public Health has a program called Champions for Change.  It promotes feeding you children healthy food here in America, Land of the Obese.
The commercial says, “Asking your local store to carry more fruits and vegetables is hard, but your children having Type 2 Diabetes would be harder” and so forth.
What local stores in California is this referring to?  Convenience stores?  Some have limited produce, but they are there for a whole different purpose.  Grocery stores?  They have a whole produce section.  The whole idea of the way this sounds insults my intelligence.  Wouldn’t any one of sound mind who wants to get produce just go to the right store?
Unless you’re thinking about some of our ingrown immigrant communities that pile more kids than should be legal for those unable to afford them into their Escalades (How do they afford that on their anchor babies’ welfare money?) and go to the Mexi-markets that smell of goat meat.  Wait, they already have produce too.  What idiot scripts these commercials? 
I looked at the web site for this program—what a piece of liberal propaganda.  Only a mental midget could take it seriously.
If you want healthy kids, feed them healthy food.  It’s not hard to figure out.  You’d have to have been born on another planet, if you didn’t know that soda pop and candy bars aren’t healthy.  I almost forgot that the people this is aimed at are the ones who permissibly give their kids anything they want.
What you’ve just read is basically what I wrote to the CDPH. I have now been labeled both a racist and a hate-monger.  I am neither, though that’s hard to see in my rhetoric.
At the end of my rant, I suggested that they not waste any more money on commercials aimed at the vegetative population, but that they read a classic novel instead.
Whew.

No comments: